A Weekly Round-Up of Stories from the WWW
This weeks Xava blog is a collection of the 4 stories that made me think the most. I found that these stories engaged me at different levels and desrved to be shared for different reasons. The stories range from the scary yet exciting to ranting to philosophising. These are purely my thoughts on 4 topics that are out there for you to read. I would encourage a discussion on any of the topics
As a business or an individual you have decided that you need a website after reading my previous Top-Ten blog, Why does Your Business Need a Website? You need to answer a few more questions before you agree on the website design and development process. Here is a list of the Top Ten things to consider before your website goes from an idea to a concept
Xava has today completed an exciting rebranding exercise in its short history. As a part of the exercise, new product names and a complete online strategy for Irish businesses has been revealed.
Xava has come up with a simple 3-step online solution for businesses in Ireland. It starts with getting a business website with off-the-shelf designs already available in the Xava portfolio. The bePresent product is aimed at small businesses seeking to start using the internet as a part of their
You are ready to use Facebook for your business but no one ever told you what you should or should not do so here is a handy Do's Dont's for Your Facebook Business Page.
In all your Facebook (or any other social media like Twitter) activities you have to remember that these channels are just a way of driving traffic to your website because that is an important parameter in determining your search engine rankings. So
Today is an exciting day in the short history of Xava as we are delighted to unveil the new logo for our company. If you are reading this post on www.xava.ie, you have already seen the logo but in case you haven't, here is the new logo:
This logo is the end of a 1 month long design process to capture the identity of the company. Xava has been setup to help small businesses embrace the digital age of marketing. As such the logo represents
Now you have a product to sell, a story to tell to go with the product but you dont how to sell in the internet? Welcome to the world of Digital Marketing. Lets establish a few small ground rules
- You drive the website content including the layout.
- You own the business
- Digital Marketers help you present the content so it reaches the widest possible audience.
- Fundamentals of traditional business still remain
Xava had a front row seat at the Digital Stage at the Dublin Web Summit. It was an exciting time in the Xava lifeline as it allowed me to hear from experts what is current in the world of digital business and marketing. I updated the live blog on both days with quotes and tweets so this write-up is more a collection of my thoughts from the two days.
The digital stage had
- "The New media strategy represented a brave move for us and was a resounding success. Not only did we capture the imagination of the nation but we also delivered for the business" - Lysa Hardy T-Mobile UK
- "Embrace teh oppahtunity" - Social media presents an opportunity to engage with people
- Advocacy, Attention, Awareness and Action are the 4 pillars of
- Businesses need evangelists
- Today people are social consumers
- Tackle the Why question - why did you start a business? Highlight that story so people can connect with you and buy into your philosophy straight away - trigger the emotional response.
- It is important to thank people - personalise the thank you message - Form a connection with the consumer.
- "We dont just